Flexitive Design Cloud is the world’s leading visual communications platform. Flexitive is used by global brands, agencies and publishers to improve the quality of their visual communications and streamline workflow production. Check out this 4 min demo video showing how to build a fully responsive design in Flexitive.
The Creative / UX Director has a rare opportunity to drive the future of design technology and visual communication capabilities. You will not only work to improve the Flexitive Design Cloud user interface and experience, but also lead company wide branding (collateral, marketing creative, website etc.). Reporting directly to the CEO, the Creative / UX Director is responsible for leading the design team to evolve and maintain a strong brand identity, improve cross-functional team processes, and manage timelines. You’ll support the designers on your team to grow professionally and creatively. Together, you’ll take the company’s objectives and translate them into clear creative strategies that amplify our marketing, communications, and product experiences.
- Maintain and evolve brand and creative guidelines for efficiency and consistency
- Leverage user testing to drive and inform design decisions
- Establish best practice and process for cross-team collaboration, and ensure quality is monitored
- Lead and build a team to develop engaging creative content across all channels
- Document project successes and create team visibility to the wider business
- Build design culture within the company by celebrating the team’s work online, in design-focused events, blog posts, and becoming an industry thought leader
- Translate business strategies into design opportunities
- Develop concepts and communicate ideas effectively
- Exceptional use of design principles: layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- Experience with photography or videography content creation
- Advocate for the importance of quality and consistency - nothing slips past you
- Interact directly with clients, partner agencies and vendors to foster external and internal team relationships
- Cross-collaborate and guide the creative and UX strategy for Flexitive, working with engineering, product and customer services team
- You want to be at the forefront of what is next in visual and interactive design - you aspire to inspire!
What You Need to Succeed:
- Previous management experience, as well as the desire to lead and advocate for others - you will foster a great creative culture
- A minimum of 4 years experience creating exceptional digital brand experiences at either an agency or startup/tech company in an Art Director role or similar
- Experience working collaboratively with UX, Designers and Copywriters to build great user and brand experience
- Experience managing client projects and an ability to build relationships across various stakeholders
- Sense of humor and egoless ownership of projects
- Passion for simplicity and design culture
- Strong portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Expert in B2B design and brand strategy
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Clear, thoughtful communicator who is skilled at building consensus
- Ability to articulate and receive written and verbal feedback
- Solid working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch etc.
You want to be part of a fast growing, passionate team. We offer all employees competitive compensation (including salary, bonus and stock options in the company) and invest in your personal growth and success.
- Employee stock option plan
- Medical and dental benefits
- Our Toronto office is located right downtown next to College subway!
- 3 weeks vacation and 4 weeks after 2 years of employment
- Relaxed dress code & environment
- Monthly game nights and quarterly team building events
- Jax, our golden retriever loves hugs
- Unlimited snacks
We are looking for the best in the business - tell us why you are the one!